SV EQ Gut Blend I
EQ Gut Blend I is the basic approach to equine digestive health, helping to balance the microbiome, improve overall digestion of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins, while reducing dampness or toxin accumulation, encouraging normal intestinal motility and reducing cramps and gas accumulation.
Custom made formula. Allow 4-5 days for formula creation and shipping. Formulas are non-returnable.
The SV EQ Gut Blend I is the basic approach for the horse to encourage and support digestive health. The EQ Gut Blend I utilizes the ancient ayurvedic digestive herbal blend called Triphala, which is a blend of Terminalia bellirica, Terminalia chebula, and Phyllanthus emblica or Indian Gooseberry. In addition, the EQ Gut Blend I utilizes aged Tangerine Peel (Chen Pi) and Poria cocos extract. This is a five herb blend to encourage and support digestive health in the horse which is beneficial for all horses on a daily basis for digestive health, those horses with digestive problems including gas, colic, or diarrhea, and can be used in those horses with weakened digestion due to prior illness or medications.
The Triphala blend is overall neutral in property, helping to modify inflammation, rebalance the digestive microbiome, encourage proper digestion of food, and act as a mild laxative to reduce toxin accumulation or dampness in the horse.
Tangerine Peel when aged acts to enhance digestive health in the horse by reducing toxin or dampness accumulation, encourages proper downward movement of the intestinal motility which can reduce gas accumulation and cramping, and due to its inherent warmth, encourages overall digestive fire to aid in proper fermentation of food and nutrient extraction.
Poria cocos is a traditional mushroom, neutral in energy, which has been used to aid in overall digestive health on many levels. It can encourage proper digestion, aid in balancing the digestive microbiome, support the digestive fire and nutrient extraction, enhance the immune response, and aid in reducing toxin or dampness (fluid) accumulation in the body due to mild natural diuretic properties.
All ingredients serve as prebiotics in addition to their normal function, which helps to support and maintain the digestive microbiome in the horse.
- Can the EQ Gut Blend I be utilized long-term in a horse? Yes, this is a nice, balanced general supportive blend for digestion in the horse and can used in the long-term as needed generally once to twice daily.
- Are there any side effects to the EQ Gut Blend I? We have not noted any problems in the horse with utilization of this herbal blend. Side effects such as loose stools or even overall dryness, including dry stools, are possible but have not been noted.
- What situations is the EQ Gut Blend I best for in the horse? The EQ Gut Blend I formula is a general digestive supportive formula for use in almost any situation and for general health purposes. This blend would be ideal for any healthy horse to maintain and optimize digestive health, and would also be suited for those horses with digestive health problems, including loose stools, gas, colic episodes or even signs of poor nutrient absorption. Many horses with digestive deficiencies will show evidence of poor nutrient absorption which may be poor performance, tendon weakness, poor hoof condition, and overall poor body condition. These are all instances when the EQ Gut Blend I would prove valuable in the horse.
- How often is the EQ Gut Blend I dosed in the horse? This formula is generally dosed twice daily per label directions in those horses with digestive problems, dosing for 14 days, then moving to once daily administration. In the healthy horse, the formula can be dosed once daily for overall digestive health support.
- Can I return the EQ Gut Blend I if I am not happy with the results or do not desire to use the formula any longer? No. The Secondvet Herbal Formulas are custom made for each client as the order is placed. The formulas cannot be accepted for return.
- How long does one pouch last? Each pouch has approximately 28 servings. It will last approximately 28 days when dosed once daily or 14 days when dosed twice daily. If you are just beginning a course of therapy, it is recommended to purchase two (2) pouches of the formula to last you the entire first month and a half of therapy, considering that the formulas are custom made and not stocked.
- How can I get further advice and help for my horse? We would recommend setting up a consultation with Dr. Schell so he can get a full evaluation done on your horse, which can be done remotely via email or in person.