Laminitis Rehab Center
Applying Research and Clinical Experience to Rehabilitate the Laminitic Horsee
At the laminitis rehabilitation center we focus mainly on the chronic laminitic and equine metabolic horse. This is our main area of research and clinical experience for the past 25 years.
Our approach is unique, moving beyond traditional therapies of medications and specialized shoes, focusing instead on the individual horse and the root cause of the problem.
Our services include:
- Haul-in consultations
- Full in-house rehabilitation
Our approaches include:
- Full physical examination with routine laboratory testing
- Body condition and lifestyle evaluation
- Full digital radiography and ultrasound
- Fecal cultures to evaluate for digestive microbiome upset or imbalance
- Dietary evaluation and correction for each individual horse, focusing on whole-foods
- Barefoot trimming and hoof balancing to promote proper loading
- Rim casts, boots, pads or glue-on shoes as needed per individual horse
- Targeted herbal therapy to address pain, inflammation, blood flow, cellular function, digestive health, and stress pathways
- Nutritional ketosis therapy to promote weight loss, metabolism and insulin function
- Ketone and blood sugar monitoring
- Free radical and antioxidant monitoring using serum samples for cellular health and function
- Intravenous vitamin C and nutrient therapies
- Dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO) intravenous therapies for inflammation and antioxidant support
- Daily exercise and turnout to promote activity, caloric burn and vitality
- Medication as needed for pain and insulin support
- Daily evaluations for each patient to monitor progress and determine need for adjustments to regimen
- Full stall board, turnout and indoor arena for exercise
80% of all admitted horses improve in soundness by a minimum of 1-2 grades within 30 day's time.
Contact us today to schedule a time to help
get your horse back on the road to recovery!